Monday, March 14, 2011

Burger Casserole



Quick, simple and a colorful casserole!

Found this little piece of paper in the box and it is a Campbell's Soup recipe that my mom cut from a can of vegetable soup. Tried it out and gave the casserole to my oldest for her family, we all enjoyed this! It was easy and will make it again.



Recipe reads:
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup sliced celery
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 can Campbell's Vegetable Soup
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup mashed potatoes



In skillet, brown beef and cook celery and onion until tender; stir to separate meat. Pour off fat. Add soup and salt. Spoon into 1-qt. casserole; mound potatoes around edge of casserole. Bake at 425 degrees F. for 15 minutes. 3 to 4 servings.





Things I did different:
1 pound hamburger
3 green onions, chopped
2 ribs of celery chopped
1/4 of red bell pepper, chopped
1 can Campbell's Vegetable Soup
no salt, as I think the soup has plenty
also added about 1 cup frozen corn
Follow the instructions above, except for the potatoes.
You could have a cup of leftover mashed potatoes, but I didn't. I did have some instant type, so I follow the instructions on the box for 2 servings. Instead of added milk, I added home-made yogurt, since I had that on hand.
Colorful dish and as I already mention delicious!
**To make this a little more nutritious, I would drain some leftover home-made hamburger vegetable soup and put into a casserole dish with mashed potatoes (fresh home-made, of course) on top and maybe some shredded cheddar cheese on top of that and then bake it, until the cheese melts, so sounds gooood!**
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment