Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Un-named Recipe



Here is a recipe of my grandmother’s without a name, but it sounds like a stove top dish, so I will called it:

Granny’s Homemade Stop-top Dinner

2 pounds ground meat (I like hamburger, but I suppose you could use any type of ground meat)

1 can cream of mushroom soup (I used cream of celery soup)

1 can corn

1 can pitted olives, sliced

1 can tomato paste

1 Lipton onion soup

1 ¾ cup water (I added a total of 3 cups water, to make sure the noodles cooked all the way through.)

8 ounce package of egg noodles crushed

Cook meat until crumbles apart and red is gone. Put onion soup and water and cook a little while then mix all other ingredients into meat and bake about 45 minutes. Don’t precook noodles, just put them in.

*Note: even though it says bake, I am thinking you just cook this on the stove top, like you would hamburger helper type meal.

OMG!!! This really surprised me! It was really good and I can't wait to try adding my own veggies and cooking stove-top meals from scratch! I never knew how much tomato paste can thicken a sauce so quickly. Will be adding fresh or frozen vegetables to this recipe or not adding the noodles and trying rice. I think the basic sauce can go with many different dishes, even adding cooked chicken cubes or shredded instead of a ground meat. Anyway, it was delicious!!! Try it and let me know how you cook it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment