Monday, November 9, 2009

Mayfresh Casserole


MAYFRESH CASSEROLE

2 cups crushed Mayfresh Potato chips

2 cups diced cooked turkey, chicken, beef or pork

1 cup diced celery

3 chopped green onions

1 can (10 ½ ounce) condensed mushroom soup

½ cup water

1 cup grated cheddar cheese

Crush Mayfresh Potato chips and set aside. Combine meat, celery and onion. Place half of mixture in casserole dish. Spoon half can of soup and ¼ cup water over meat mixture. Sprinkle with half the cheese and 1 cup of the potato chips. Continue layers in same order. Bake in 350˚ oven 25 to 30 minutes. Makes 4 to 6 servings.

This almost sounds like the tuna noodle casserole my mom made, only without the noodles. I suppose with the above recipe you could serve this over noodles or rice. I tired of the tuna casserole, as I don't care for tuna or fish, so this recipe sounds pretty good. It would also be good for leftover turkey.

My mother got the tuna casserole recipe when she worked at the telephone company in the worker's cafeteria. It was about 15 miles from home, and in the summer time we kids would catch the bus to go visit her and wait until she got off work to drive us all home. Loved all the goodies there. This is also where my mom and another worker set me up for a blind date with the other worker's son. Didn't work out, but it is a nice memory.

This casserole was great! I served it with rice and a salad, very filling dinner. (Sorry the picture of the place setting was a little blurry, but that was the best of the 3 I took.)

BTW - I don't think Mayfresh potato chip company is in business, as I couldn't find them online, so any potato chips should do.

No comments:

Post a Comment