Friday, November 6, 2009

Peanut Butter Divinity

I can remember my mom making this the first year it came out in 1976. You see my grandmother (granny) made the best peanut butter fudge and we just couldn't make it like she could. So I came up with my recipe from Kraft marshmallow creme, substituting with peanut butter chips and added extra peanut butter. My mom found this recipe and it worked for her. She did use 'creamy' peanut butter instead of the 'chunky' kind.
I do wonder if Mrs. Paul's still sells the frozen eggplant sticks or dinners?
2 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup water
2 egg whites
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
In 2-quart saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, and water. Bring to boiling. Cook to hard ball stage (260˚), stirring only till sugar dissolves. In large mixer bowl, beat egg whites to stiff peaks. Gradually pour syrup over egg whites beating at high speed on electric mixer. Add peanut butter and beat till candy holds its shape, about 3 to 4 minutes. (Test candy by spooning a small amount onto waxed paper; mixture should "mound" rather than flatten out.) Quickly drop from a teaspoon onto waxed paper. Makes about 3 1/2 dozen.


Here is my grandmother's (Leona Mahakian) recipe. Towards the bottom of the paper you will see the recipe for her peanut butter fudge, I could never get the right amount for the canned milk. All three of the peanut butter recipes tasted great! (my granny's, my mother's and mine.) I put my peanut butter fudge recipe on my other blog:http://domesticatedengineer.blogspot.com/2009/11/peanut-butter-fudge.html, hope you find one you like!


No comments:

Post a Comment