It is my turn to pass this award on and so what out farther ado, one of the other blogs I enjoy reading is: Jana (http://timetravelkitchen.blogspot.com/). I think she has what it takes to try some really old recipes. Her family doesn’t seem to question, what's for dinner tonight? What a special family to let her try new (old) foods.
So, here are the rules that come with the award:
#1 You thank the person that awarded it to you and list a link back to them.
#2 Tell 7 things about yourself.
#3 Pay it forward by sending it to your favorite recently found new bloggers.
#4 Contact the blogger that you have awarded and make them aware.
Here are seven things, you might or might not, want to know about me:
1. For now, I am living with a family helping out with the women of the house as she has MS. So while her husband works, I take care of her. For this reason it is hard to find time, let alone a place to do my favorite hobby, baking! So some days I am able to do it here, but most times, I go to my daughter’s house and bake there. Besides, they love all the treats after I bake.
2. I have enjoyed learning how to blog and now have 3 blogs that I try to keep up. One I recently started is for my family history, (http://myforefathers.blogspot.com/). My sister has sent me lots of pictures and I want to share with family members. This is a place where I can do so.
3. Mondays are a special day to receive emails from my son, who in on a church mission. I have one son and three daughters and was glad to have him choose to do this. As our children grow up, we sure miss them, but know they have to choose the road they go down. All of my children are wonderful adults and caring people.
4. The hardest thing that I have had to go through is losing my husband. That has been 8 years ago and our 2 youngest children had to go through high school without their father. They did it and I might add, did a great job!
5. I have for now, 5 grandchildren, who are trying their best to succeed in this life and each taking their turn in school, church activities and hobbies. I think they are doing a wonderful job.
6. Some of you might know this, but as many jobs as I have had, I think working at the hospital driving a semi was most fun. It was called, “Doc on Wheels”. We would go to mobile home parks and nursing homes to bring doctor services to the elderly. I also enjoyed working at a health food store, as the things I learn there has really help save me and my family in medical bills.
7. Probably the most important thing in my life is the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love the church and the people in it. People are not perfect but the gospel doesn’t change. Just knowing of the gospel brings so much peace to me.
Happy baking everyone!!!