Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Lemon-Cream Cheese Pound Cake



Yep, this is something else made with lemons! I had some extra from the week-end and wanted to use them up. After this there is one more recipe in the box that calls for lemons, so another time. I do love lemon cakes, and was glad to see this recipe and give it a try. I had a dentist appointment this morning and knew it would be hot by this afternoon. I had a couple of hours, so I went to work whipping this up. As I read the recipe as I noticed that it needed to bake for 1 1/2 hours. What? I thought oh no, don't most pound cakes take an hour! This didn't give me as much time as I had thought. As it was baking I kept looking at the clock and saying to myself hurry and bake. Well a little over an hour went by and the cake was not done, so another 5 minutes and I checked again, nope not yet. It was getting time for me to get out the door, and so one last time and I took it out. Waited 5 minutes instead of the 10 it call for to cool down and flipped it over onto the cooling rack and out the door I went. After I got back and frosted it, I just needed to try it out, well I should of been late to the doctors, as it wasn't quite done. It's ok, but needed about 5 more minutes in the oven. Next time will make sure I have plenty of time to bake this.

Heat oven to 325 degrees F.

Lemon-Cream Cheese Pound Cake


3 cups sugar (lots of sugar)
1 1/4 cups butter (I only used 1 cup, that is way too much for me)
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon lemon juice (I like fresh squeeze)
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon lemon extract (I didn't put this in, I just put in an extra teaspoon of the lemon juice)
1/2 teaspoon orange extract (again, I used fresh orange juice, about 1 teaspoon)
1/8 teaspoon salt
6 eggs
3 cups Softasilk cake flour
Lemon Glaze (below)
Beat sugar, butter and cream cheese until fluffy; beat in lemon juice, vanilla, lemon extract, orange extract and salt. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Add flour; beat until smooth.
Spread batter in greased and floured tube pan, 10x4", or 12-cup bundt pan.
Bake until golden brown and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 1/2 hours; cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool cake completely.


Spread glaze over cake, allowing some to drizzle down side.

Lemon Glaze
1 cup powered sugar
1 tablespoon butter, softened
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
Mix all ingredients until smooth.



I thought it would be fun to show what is on the back of this little recipe.

Crisp Flour Tortilla Chips and a recipe for Fruited Prosciutto Salad With Orange Vinaigrette.
Don't those sound good?? If you can't magnify the picture of these recipes, let me know and I will try to send them to you, via email.
Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment